Thursday, June 27, 2019

[NSV] Coworkers are Beginning to Notice!

Hi everyone- this is my first post on here, and I have read the rules, but I'm sorry if I accidentally break any! TLDR at the bottom.

I'm F25. SW:184 CW:172.8 (I'm 5'1" tall, so this is quite overweight for my height) and I've been trying for about 6 months to lose it. I'm getting married at the end of the year, and my GW is about 160 but would be happy with being simply close to that weight. This is my second time earnestly trying to lose weight. Two years ago I began at 180 and used the Lose It app to basically do CICO with a focus on low carb. I had good success and got sooo close to my GW (got to about 162), but then suddenly experienced some mental health issues and I slowly ballooned up to 184, surpassing my initial starting weight. I'm in a much better place with my mental health these days thanks to my incredible fiancé, great support system, and my awesome therapist. For about 6 months I've been using the Lose It app again as it worked for me last time, and I'm basically doing everything the same again. The weight is coming off more slowly this time, but it is coming off at a rate of between 1 to 2 lbs per month.

Anyway, a coworker of mine on Monday told me that she could really tell I've lost a lot of weight. While this made me feel nice, I brushed it off, since she and I are very friendly and I figured she was just being nice. However, earlier today, a different coworker who I barely interact with at all asked me if I've been dieting or exercising because it looked like I'd lost a lot of weight and was looking good! This totally surprised me! I'm still so far away from my GW (and honestly my GW is not my forever GW- I'd love to be closer to 140/150 long term, but I'm trying to keep reasonable, smaller goals). I felt so happy and validated! It's hard to see the changes in ourselves as we see ourselves daily, but sometimes a nice comment can really help put our progress in perspective! I don't think I look much different than I did before, but I guess I do! Happy to discuss further in the comments! :)

TLDR: Halfway to GW and two coworkers have noticed and complimented my weight loss.

submitted by /u/thankuegg
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XCoBAM

No comments:

Post a Comment