Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Can anyone relate? Psychological aspect of weight loss

People often say to me, seeing that I'm overweight/fat haha, that I should "just eat less, move more." "You should lose 20 lb, but don't worry, it'll be easy" "You could lose weight in no time if you wanted to" Sure, in theory I agree. Eat less move more. This would allow me to lose weight.

But to me, it's not that simple. Food is my only friend and comfort. I do have pets, but they are not a substitute for human company. Thus I eat a lot every day. I have counted calories sometimes just to get an idea as to how much I was eating, and I eat around 4000 calories most days, sometimes less since after getting my pets I feel relatively less lonely. I am 5'3'' and 30+ lb overweight so I shouldn't be eating this much. I have gained 40 lb in the last 4 months because I love escaping into the comfort of food. Nothing else feels as good. I do like to read but eating feels better.

Can anyone relate to this at all? At this point I'm not even trying to lose weight just because I don't want to give up my only source of joy. But for my health I should do so. Just wanted to see if anyone can relate.

submitted by /u/GulliversTravels2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZQB6Ge

No comments:

Post a Comment