Thursday, June 27, 2019

Severely obese, been doing well with tracking calories, looking for the next step!

First, a little bit of backstory: I'm 613 lbs, 5'6", 35 years old, have been overweight all my life, and have tried various things over the years to lose weight. I know I'm dying, I know it's severe, and I also know I've got very little willpower.

But!

For the first time ever I've been doing really good at a very simple weight loss method: counting my calories, and staying within my "daily alloted caloric budget". According to Myfitness pal, at my size/age/weight combo, I should be eating 3600 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week. I tried tracking for a day or two on my usual diet (of utter garbage), and found I was well over 4.5k calories a day. Since I've been tracking my calories and tapering down to 3600 calories a day, however, I've managed to drop from 624 to 613. Not a lot, but it's something!

I'm on day 25 of my weight loss, and I think I've found what works for me: keeping a digital food journal has really helped me to make better decisions, to better space-out my meals, and to plan my eating accordingly.

I'm kinda looking/ready for the next step. Right now I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle, but I do have the DDP Yoga DVDs. I also have still been eating not-the-best stuff; it's within the 3600 calories, but not every one of those calories are great. I still do a lot of diet sodas, water-flavor-enhancers (Mio, Crush, etc), and the occasional fast food/doordash item. I've started reading Good Calories, Bad Calories in the hopes it'll teach me how to eat better.

I'm open to suggestions, though. Thinking moderate, measured steps here... what should my next move be, you think?

submitted by /u/FatLando
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FF63Wp

No comments:

Post a Comment