Friday, June 28, 2019

Looking for any advice on how to begin the maintenance phase

I'm down 40-45 pounds since Jan 1 (~243 --> ~200), and I think it's time to try to maintain. I've never done this before and am a bit nervous to increase my calorie allowance.

To this point, I've just been using the recommended calories on MFP for "lose 2 pounds per week" (which I've obviously fallen a bit short of as an overall weight-loss pace) -- that default setting had me at 1680 at first, and 1620 for the last several months. Should I just change MFP to "maintain," or should I try to manually calculate a calorie target based on my weight loss over the last six months?

More generally, any tips on mindset and approach for the maintenance phase are appreciated. As I said, I've never tried to do this part before. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Nevermore60
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YsFZVG

No comments:

Post a Comment