Thursday, June 27, 2019

Remember, it’s not only about the numbers on the scale.

Long story short I’ve been overweight for the last 15 years of my life, with a morbidly obese BIM for 10 of that. From August ‘18 to April ‘19 I managed to lose 63 pounds from counting calories, practicing portion control, and intermittent fasting. The last two months have been very disappointing as I’ve only lost 2 pounds, and I’ve got another 45 to go to enter the healthy BMI range. I’ve continued to count calories but closer to maintenance because I just needed a break and have been a bit down lately. Anyways, every year my work place holds a health screening. Needless to say my results have always been pretty disappointing, with blood pressure, cholesterol, BMI, body measurements, triglycerides etc, all needing improvement. But this year all of that turned around. My blood pressure was 107/76, all of my numbers are in the optimal range (except for BMI) and I can really see how far I’ve come in my health journey, not just my weight loss journey. It was very uplifting and just what I needed to get out of my funk. If you’re just beginning your health/weight loss journey and you haven’t gotten a health screening recently, I encourage you to take the plunge and do it because the scale isn’t the only number that matters. After two months of disappointment this was exactly what I needed to keep going!

submitted by /u/madandjulesetsy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KHwUoK

No comments:

Post a Comment