Friday, June 28, 2019

Is it just me or does increasing your calorie intake make you want to binge?

I've lost 110 lbs. in total and i'm trying to again eat at maintenance (about 2500 cals). I have tried to eat at maintenance but ended up binging and then eating under maintenance to balance it out. I'm beginning to eat at maintenance again but it seems every time i start eating at maintenance i find i get a strong urge to binge (many of which i gave in to). Today i ate 1 meal of 500 cals and 2 later on of 1000 each. Man after the second 1000 cal meal i just started to get the same anxious "i really need cookies and chocolate" thoughts going through my head. I'm not gonna let them get me this time but its not a good feeling. I assume if i ignore that urge in a couple days my calorie intake will feel normal not give me that binge temptation but damn. It kinda makes sense though. I guess part of my brain sees the extra food as the beginning of a binge and then doesnt want to stop. Weight loss and maintenance are hard. Finding the right headspace is damn difficult. All of you long term maintainers need some congratulations. I do believe i will be one but man its not easy right now.

on the other hand it could just be the fact that i changed my eating plan. Whenever i change the plan i find i get strong temptations to binge. It makes sense why i guess.

Thanks to anyone who reads this rant lol.

submitted by /u/superserial23
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FCxekE

No comments:

Post a Comment