Sunday, June 30, 2019

Finally lost 50ibs and I’ve been through so much! I am finally proud of myself.

So I just wanted to say I’ve come so far and I’m proud. I suffered from anxiety and depression for too long and didn’t know I was masking it throughout the years. I was drinking alcohol nonstop and eating tons of unhealthy foods. I was so beyond lonely that I endured a 2 year break from college because I failed out with a 1.3gpa from not trying, being too depressed to leave my dorm... etc. For background: I’m 5’7”, a small framed ectotherm, and last year at this time, I weighed upwards of 175-180ibs. I was a size 32 in jeans and a size 13-14 in dresses. I didn’t clean up after myself. I slept until 2pm. Etc. I was in shambles just a year ago. I was essentially the size of my boyfriend when we met. My last relationship was extremely abusive. The man I’m with now essentially fell for me when I was at my worst without realizing it and the distance we have come together has been unbelievable. We have grown a much deeper level of trust, understanding, and love. It’s something I had to learn to give to myself and by body.

About a year ago I finally had enough...and 3 months ago I decided to spontaneously cut my lease and move from Tampa to Orlando to be with the love of my life who met me at my worst and pushed me for the better every day. It was a now or never type feeling. It felt like it was my time and it was the perfect time. It’s felt like the most right decision I’ve made yet.

Well, today I can proudly say I am down to a size 2-4 depending on clothing brand. I am a size 25-26 in jeans. I’m now 121 Ibs. I rarely ever drink. I went to a house party sober last night. I’ve been back in school and also maintaining a 3.9gpa. I’m going on 1 year with the man I want to marry. I am finally making new friends in Orlando and I’ve discovered many passions I never knew I had such as writing, gardening, and biking. I am in therapy and seeing a psychiatrist soon. I am getting less lonely every day and I finally feel like a new person. I feel like my life is coming back.

All in all, my General Anxiety Disorder. and Panic Disorder led to depression without me even realizing it. Masking it is what caused my Panic Disorder. It is was stemmed my obesity.

Moral of the story is it’s never too late to turn your life around. It’s never too late to take the first step and go on that diet and go on that bike ride. The weight loss really helps with the rest. It’s never too late to make your comeback and it’s never too late to succeed in silence.

80% was diet, 20% was exercise.

If you read this thank you. It’s never too late for you. I’m always open for discussion and helping others. It took me a long time to finally be ready. (3+ years).

submitted by /u/SonicDooscar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZWRntt

No comments:

Post a Comment