Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Feeling Down, Fat, and Lost. 6 months down the drain. Should I give up heavy lifting and focus more on cardio (to burn more calories) or continue to lift like a mofo and not see the scale move?

tl;dr - Keto + Weightlifting did nothing, do I continue to lift or focus on cardio to assist in daily CICO.

Back story. Last year my best friend from Grad school was getting married, so I spent 4 months on lazy Keto and dropped from 234 to 209. I arrived at his wedding in style, wearing clothes that finally fit me, and I even hooked up with a former classmate (hehe, the benefits of weight loss). After the wedding, I decided to treat my mouth like a garbage disposal, and within 4 months I gained everything back.

In January I decided to do Keto again, as I weighed a nice 238. However, this Keto run, I was much stricter with keto, incorporated a regiment of HEAVY weightlifting, I did daily blood tests, counted calories and I worked out like crazy. However, In 5 months, I only dropped about 15 pounds. I decided to return to the carbs to help with my lifting, and in the process, I gained 5 pounds in water weight in a week. Even though I've been off keto, I've been eating massive amounts of healthy green salads, measuring food, counting calories, and pushing my workouts to the max, as I have reintroduced carbs. The results are good, I look bigger, I have delts, man boobs are melting into pecs, and I can bench/squat/deadlift more than ever could....... However, my weight is at 236. I'm literally 2 pounds lighter than I was in January, and my gut, well it's still there and hasn't changed. I have a love for lifting heavy, its almost an addiction, and I'm not sure if lifting is doing anything for my body recomposition. Thoughts on adding cardio? I try to do about 20 minutes of light cardio/day, but not sure if 20 minutes is enough, or if I should convert it to HILT?

I know I'm doing something wrong, any insight would be great.

submitted by /u/pdiggs1500
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NdZ2Ck

No comments:

Post a Comment