Thursday, June 27, 2019

Hard Time Getting Under 200

So I started this journey in November, and I am down to between 205-208. I honestly haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks. And I've started to realize that I'm a bit afraid to get down below 200. I put on most of my weight after a traumatic experience in college, and have been working through that with a therapist, which is how I was able to start a (so-far) successful weight loss journey in the first place. But for some reason, 200 is the biggest mental hurdle so far. I've felt nothing but joy, happiness, and pain relief losing the first 50lbs, but this next 50 (or so, I don't have an official GW, just want to get to what feels good) is going to be the hardest for me mentally.

I haven't been bingeing or eating over my TDEE, but I have been eating at maintenance or just below, rather than my usual deficit. I don't want to put the weight back on, but I'm afraid to keep going. I have been keeping up with my exercise (I'm still feeling the weighted squats from Tuesday!) but even that is harder to achieve right now. I am proud of myself that I have not binged. I have still been maintaining an overall healthy diet, and haven't hidden my eating or any of the other disordered behaviours I've worked hard to break.

I am working on it with my therapist, and being open with my husband, and I have hope that I'll break through this mental fog eventually. I suppose that I was just hoping for advice or encouragement, or for anyone to share their stories of mental plateaus.

submitted by /u/LLLBerkshires
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RHN9mz

No comments:

Post a Comment