Monday, July 1, 2019

Advice with trying to lose weight when you have a history of eating disorders?

Really sorry if this is the wrong sub to post this in but:

I (20F) struggled with anorexia and bulimia in my teens to the point where I became severely ill. I'm pretty much recovered now, but I know that formally disordered people can still be quite volatile around restricting food/exercising etc.

I've recently gained some weight due to poor eating habits and kind of giving up my exercise routine - about 15 lbs. I'm not overweight but the change is noticeable and I'd like to drop the excess, especially since it's mostly around my belly and I'm really uncomfortable with how chubby I look currently. The problem is, I'm worried that restricting my calories/exercising more might send me into a relapse.

Does anyone have experience with navigating healthy weight loss when you have a history of EDs?

submitted by /u/icaraen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LtHtLL

No comments:

Post a Comment