Sunday, July 28, 2019

The hardest thing I've ever posted

Hi all,

Over the course of 2 years, I lost over 100lb. https://imgur.com/a/drSqOYh

That was the beginning of the worst 1.5 years of my life to date. When I was at my lowest weight, I thought the lifetime I spent struggling with my health was over. Boy, was I wrong.

Over the course of my weight loss journey, I picked up some habits that were healthy at first, eg eating less junk food, regularly going to the gym. However, over time, I began to take those healthy habits to the extreme and they became unhealthy. I worked out for hours and hours each day till my body ached. I was terrified to eat anything that was not low calorie and healthy. I developed a full blown eating disorder and I was fucking miserable.

One thing I learned the hard way was that my body was ready to fight back against the abuse. I started binging. Everything was spiraling, and I would try to work off the binge at the gym, only to binge again.

I finally got help and I can happily say that I am in recovery and in a much better place mentally now. However, I gained a fair amount of weight while I was binging. I'm ready to get to a healthy place physically, but it's hard because I do not want to go down the same path I went the first time.

I guess I just want to share what I've been going through as a step in the right direction and for y'all's support and advice. Sorry for the long post.

submitted by /u/whydontyouascii
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YxkDty

No comments:

Post a Comment