Monday, July 29, 2019

[tip] The importance of having a food scale & weighing EVERYTHING.

I have been on this weight loss journey for awhile now. 3 years next week, actually.

Over these 3 years, I have learned a lot of different things. A lot about myself, a lot about motivation and discipline. The difference between motivation & discipline. I learned that while motivation is what gets you started, it undoubtedly is discipline that keeps you going. I learned a lot about other people and how the wrong ones in your life want you to fail, even at something as important as getting your health under control.

However, of all these things, what helped me the most was learning that I needed a food scale to get a truly accurate count of the calories I was eating. Measuring your food is a WONDERFUL place to start, don't get me wrong - but it's only an estimate. And the way my brain works, it doesn't like estimates.

I commented on a post awhile back about how different the weight was on tuna cans/pouches versus what you actually get. It just goes to show that a true breakthrough comes when you weigh your food rather than rely on the company's nutrition label serving size.

It may not seem like a major difference, but when you’re counting calories & eating at a deficit, every calorie counts! Saved myself 8 calories.

submitted by /u/laurenelizjones
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Mo1lAr

No comments:

Post a Comment