Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Thank you to this community!

Hi All,

Last Saturday, I was at a real low moment. I spent most of it crying feeling very overwhelmed about my life, my body, my weight, and my fitness. A few legendary people offered me words of wisdom...I wasn't in a place where I could reply then. But all your words helped so much.

This post is an update, but it's also a recognition that this community is amazing. You guys are so supportive, caring and wonderful and I honestly cannot do this with out you.

This week, I ate comfortably. The kind of way I could see myself eating for a long long time. I didn't drink, despite meeting a friend at a bar, and having a big family gathering. I did IF 5 days, 16:8 and found it totally doable. I ate two main meals a day, loaded with veggies and really balanced. I also indulged in my usual end of week latte and caramel slice (I work Sun-Thurs), so I didn't feel like my life sucked more than celery. I also downloaded a water drinking app, and drank loads, tea, herbal tea, juice, water, milk; approximately 2 litres a day. (Shout out to u/Fieryphoenix1982 for mentioning that water weight is a thing). I also prioritised sleep, a good 8 hours a night, even if it meant not studying as much or missing the end of B99 ( /u/leoadams1 you gave me great advice there).

I also went to a Muay Thai class; loved it and have joined the boxing gym. ( u/Ploppity_plopplop, you wanted to know how I went) Hoping to go 2-3 times a week. I also went to a Body Beats class at my local church; they were so nice and even though they were all 50+ and I am 24, I had trouble keeping up....so I will be going again. The class emphasises the functional movements we use without noticing in day to day life, so they will be great basics! u/SassyFacts I DID EXERCISE I ACTUALLY LIKED....and I didn't have to feel guilty about not running...it was so different, I actually smiled during and after my session.

I am learning to be patient (thanks to u/pennyreddits) so the fact I haven't lost any weight yet is ok! Maybe it will take me a year to lose 10kg, but maybe in that year, I will also learn to do squats properly. My new goals are for multiple wins, that build up the foundations for a healthy lifestyle. (Thanks u/BetterBeRavenclaw for planting that seed) I am going to go a little slower....ok, a lot slower. This week was just two classes. Next week will be three, then we will see. Considering I used to start off at 9 or 10 in my starting week, this feels like a manageable pace, u/Iused2Bfat you inspired me here. u/Andilee you didn't give me fitness advice, but you did make me laugh when I was crying, and that was worth a lot. Thanks for making me smile enough to move into a better headspace. u/ReadAhead I modified your shoe thing. Every day where I have a fitness class/plan, at 4pm, I put on my workout clothes. By the time my class rolled around, it was much easier to do because all I had to do was walk out the door, instead of getting out of warm clothes, find workout gear etc. Thanks for that great advice.

And finally, u/pudgywudgypenguin, I am going one day at a time, building habits...not just losing weight. And so I haven't cried and felt overwhelmed since Saturday.

You guys got me through my week, got me to two new exercise classes, got me drinking water, eating well, beginning to build up a healthy and sustainable, and feeling a lot better than myself. Thank you all so much. Your wonderful internet strangers, and I wish good things for you all.

TL;DR: This community is worth a million dollars, if your embarking on a weight loss journey then this place will support and guide you. They are phenomenal. And I am so grateful.

submitted by /u/bbmitzfah
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OyvKPr

No comments:

Post a Comment