Thursday, July 25, 2019

I decided to change my life for the better six months ago today, and I’m 72 lbs down. I would like to thank the r/loseit community for being such a great resource and source of support during my journey! (SFW progress pics included.)

24F, 5’7”, SW: 336 lbs, CW: 264 lbs

Today is my six month anniversary!

I hit my highest weight at the beginning of this year, reaching 336 lbs. My life had gotten miserable. At that point, I had spent nearly two years with severe back pain that kept getting worse and worse, to the point that I was essentially housebound. I had been obese ever since childhood when I started using food as a maladaptive coping mechanism. I didn’t think I was worth caring for, so I had spent years neglecting my health and abusing my body.

But then one day something clicked and I was ready to lose the weight. On January 25th, I decided to turn my life around. I had tried many times throughout my life to lose weight, but this time felt different. For the first time, I was being compassionate towards myself. Instead of viewing weight loss as a way to punish myself, my perspective had shifted and I started to view it as an act of self-care. I was ready to start treating myself and my body with respect.

I’ve been losing the weight primarily through CICO, which in turn has caused me to care a lot more about what types of foods I put in my body, portion sizes, and moderation. I don't follow any specific diet and I haven't entirely cut out any foods. I just try to make better choices while staying at a deficit.

I’m happy to report that my chronic back pain is much less severe now. I can actually go out and walk in the grocery store without needing to use the cart to support myself. I can stand for hours at a concert now. I’ve even begun to introduce some exercise into my life, mostly through the use of an exercise bike. I’m not completely pain-free, and I’ve done so much physical damage to my body that I might not ever be, but my pain is so much more manageable than it has been for a long time.

Here are my progress pictures. I don’t have any photos at my HW because I was too ashamed of my body to take any, so the “before” pictures here were taken mid-March after I had already lost 27 lbs. I’m kicking myself for not taking pictures at my HW since now I can’t see the full impact of my 72 lb weight loss, but I’m happy I at least have these.

My favorite difference in the photos is just how much my posture has improved. I used to struggle to physically hold up my body weight because of how much pain I was in, but now I can stand with very little pain, and that’s really reflected in my posture.

I still have a long way to go before I reach a healthy weight, but I’m proud of the progress I’ve made so far, and I’m really grateful to have had this wonderful community to support me along the way.

submitted by /u/ausdemchaos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LGHay2

No comments:

Post a Comment