Sunday, July 28, 2019

First compliment from someone who didn't know I'm losing!

First, some back gains! 24F, 5'10" | SW: 209 lbs on 3-15-2019 | CW: 182.2 lbs | GW: 170 lbs.

I've only talked about my weight loss efforts with three people: My mom, my sister, and one of my best friends. It helps me stay focused on being healthy for myself and make sure I'm being sensitive to my friends, some of whom have struggled with eating disorders in the past. (r/loseit has been an incredible resource and support — thank you to everyone who shares their successes and vulnerabilities.)

Last week, for the first time, one of my friends told me I was looking good and asked if I'd been doing anything different! Her exact words were "You're my hot girl summer goals, you look incredible." We were out for the night and all looking cute, but it meant so much that someone (who has no idea how hard I've been working) noticed! We were in a group and I didn't want to get into it, so I just said thanks and made a joke about dark magic. Later she asked to talk about it more because she's also interested in losing some weight, so we're probably talk one-on-one later this week.

I started doing CICO on March 15, 2019, after a doctor's appointment when I realized I was entering the "obese" BMI category and was still gaining weight rapidly. That, on top of some family history, made me kick my butt into gear. It's been both easier and harder than I thought — breaking the habit of turning to food for comfort has been tough, but it's been so worth it to feel strong and at home in my body. I'm pretty tall and was worried I'd have to lose a ton of weight to see changes, but I guess it's showing!

Some random NSVs from the last 5 months:

  • Three weeks in, I did a budgeting exercise with M&Ms and didn't eat any of them. In the past it would've been a huge struggle not to eat them all before the exercise ended and find the bag afterwards to eat more.
  • I used to bake brownies or cookies once or twice a week (and eat most of them), but I haven't since I started this work on March 15! I still buy sweets but in much smaller quantities and I'm getting better at portion control. Sugar is definitely my weak spot and I think it'll always be something I have to think about.
  • I haven't freaked out about going over budget (I use the LoseIt! app) or gaining a pound; I've stayed on track and kept my cool.
submitted by /u/pizzaisavegetabIe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZrjWza

No comments:

Post a Comment