Monday, July 29, 2019

After crying over a pizza, I started a healthy weight loss journey. So far, 10lb lost!

Hi All, Long time lurker first time poster. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who participates in this community. You all give me the strength to pursue my weight loss goals in a healthy way. As a person who is 5’ 2”, I weighed 130 lbs steadily for several years despite dieting and working out almost every day. I would eat a “little more” to compensate for my gym time, but I wasn’t counting what I ate. The hopelessness of trying to lose weight but not being able to due to poor practices started creating an eating disorder inside me. I was never clinically diagnosed, but all I could think about 24/7 was what I ate (with guilt) and what I wanted to eat. I would feel so much anxiety if I didn’t make it to the gym atleast once a day, and then would work myself into the ground the next day to “make up” for it. It was an unhealthy relationship with my body for sure. My rock bottom was when my boyfriend and I ordered two dominos pizzas at our local brewery, and I ate one whole medium pizza by myself. I immediately asked to go home so that I could lock myself in the bathroom to throw up. As I was leaning over the toilet I just started sobbing. I was crying over A DAMN PIZZA. that’s when I knew I had a problem, and went to go see a therapist. The therapist didn’t help much, and was so expensive (thank you American mental healthcare system) that I could only afford five sessions. I kept looking for ways to achieve a healthy weight, without the psychological toll that my routine had taken on me for 5+ years. I found a fitness trainer on Instagram whose practices were based on scientific studies, and bought her book. I read it through and resolved to give it a try, and to commit to it long term. I started CICO, and lifting heavy at the gym just 2 days a week. It took a while, but after 3 months of this, I am at a good weight of 120! I don’t fret about what I eat or drink anymore, and let myself have what I want to eat occasionally. I’ve been maintaining for the past month, just to give myself a little psychological break from dieting, but I hope to hop back in the fall to reach my goal weight of 115. Thank you all for inspiring me! 10 lb isn’t much compared to what the others in this community are losing, but it makes me feel like I have control over my body again.

submitted by /u/5310mtyul
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZhuHV1

No comments:

Post a Comment