Monday, July 29, 2019

Struggling to lose weight

F - 26 - 242lb Hi everyone, I'm in need of some help/ insight as to what's going on with me. I have been obsessed with losing weight ever since I was a teenager in school. I have only successfully managed to lose a ton of weight once when I was about 16/17 thanks to getting sick and being unable to eat for a long time, I think I got down to about 143lbs which was a very good weight for my height. However due to how I lost this weight this slowly crept back up over the years to where I am now. I have tried my share of fad diets over the years which I'd end up giving up after 2 days. However recently I have been trying to lose weight sustainably through CICO and upping my exercise, whether that's bumping up the daily steps or hitting the gym. Despite my efforts, willpower and weighing and tracking every damn thing I eat, I am lucky to step on the scales at the end of the week and see that I've lost ~1lb. This is 1lb in total mass, not 1lb of fat as I don't have any fancy scales. I know that a loss is still a loss and I should be thankful that it's coming off slowly, but surely someone of my size should be seeing some big changes early on? Every one of my friends and family who begin a change in lifestyle will often lose around 2-3lbs per week, even those who are a lot smaller than I to begin with. I have calculated my BMR and am eating around that amount in calories so I know I'm not over indulging. People have been telling me that there's nothing wrong and it's still coming off, but it's so frustrating seeing people around me half ass their week and come away with a decent weight loss while I'm grafting and getting nothing back. I should add that I have no health problems, and am not on any medication. I don't drink unless I'm going on a night out which I haven't done in a long time. I have been doing this for 4 weeks and during that time I have strayed off plan once for half a day which resulted in me gaining a whopping 4lbs that week, which has basically taken me back to where I started.

I knew this wasn't going to be easy but I'm getting really frustrated now and I'm wondering if there's something else I'm doing wrong or anything I'm missing?! Thanks

submitted by /u/CheesusNice
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y8XRZT

No comments:

Post a Comment