Saturday, July 27, 2019

Injured. No gym. Weight actually decreasing, and while great, I don’t know why.

For the past year I have really kicked up my fitness game. I have been struggling with shredding my happy relationship weight gain.

Back story on my weight journey. I lost 135lbs after weight loss surgery in 2010. Bring my weight to 175lbs. My goal was to get to 150lbs (5’2” female) but my weight loss stalled and I couldn’t break through the plateau. I eventually just said OK, this is where my body wants me. I kept the weight off up until about 3yrs ago then my happy relationship 30lb weight gain emerged... which I was not happy about.

Working with trainers I have upped my fitness levels and I’m monitoring my nutrition with trackers and guidance from a dietician. I have lost 15lbs but for the past 2 months I’ve struggled on another plateau. I refuse to settle at 197lbs...

I pulled my back out 3 weeks (putting on my gym pants!!). I couldn’t move I was in so much pain. My doctor sent me to PT. During these three weeks I haven’t been able to work out at all. I have still been monitoring my nutrition but I haven’t been super strict. Stepping on my nutritionist scale two weeks ago resulted in a 2lb loss with 3.5lbs of muscle gain and some water weight gain. I asked if her scale was broken... This week my weight stayed the same but it also read an additional 1.5lb muscle gain and more water weight gain. The water weight this week is definitely PMS bloat but what is with the muscle gain!? She thinks had I not gained water I probably would have seen another over all weight decrease.

Her theory is that due to my injury my other muscles are more actively engaged and I’m holding them tighter to try to support my lower back. Therefore burning extra calories...

I’m glad for the positive numbers I’m seeing but I’m baffled. I’m starting to wonder if I wasn’t eating enough calories for the work I was doing in the gym.

Any thoughts and/or recommendations for me?

submitted by /u/Nisey08
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SM8PhR

No comments:

Post a Comment