Wednesday, July 31, 2019

What's the psychology behind this?

I've finally hit the part of my weight loss that many before me have lamented...

People have started saying things like "You're not really going to lose MORE weight are you?!?!?" Everything in me wants to pull my shirt up and start making "belly faces" at them with my stomach fat until they accept that I still have plenty of weight to lose, but I've resisted so far ;)

My question is not so much about how to deal with these questions/people, but rather I would like to know if there's some psychologically sound reasoning why people say this type of thing and if so, does that mean a logical "best" response exists?

Here's some of my hypothesis: This be some form of a backwards complement? A subconscious fear of change? A genuine concern about my health? It's possible I have body image issues and am not really fat? (serious question as I know this is a very real thing)

P.S. My current response to these types of questions has been to smile, confirm I plan to lose more weight, and let them know that I plan to stop when I'm within a health BMI and I have a plan to adjust my caloric intake appropriately when I hit my goal weight/BMI. I haven't heard much argument on that yet.

submitted by /u/i_ShotFirst
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2K7s7LY

No comments:

Post a Comment