Tuesday, July 30, 2019

One bad day doesn't ruin your progress but it takes quite many good days to compensate a binge

Hello all!

I've been on a diet for 3 weeks now and it has been going successfully so far. Yesterday I screwed though when I came home from a trip endlessly tired and with sleep deprivation. It wasn't that late but I felt like I was about to fall asleep so when I went to grocery shopping I bought a pint of ice cream. I had also been snacking some chocolate the whole day to keep me awake and a long story short I ended up eating quite a lot of the ice cream too. Luckily not all of it but I estimated about 1000kcal, in addition to 1000kcal of chocolate. And guys that is on top of what I needed that day as I had been travelling and didn't exercise. That's 2000kcal of extra! No wonder I had been piling on the pounds this past year as I have been calming myself down with sugar and fat. If I did every day what I did yesterday, I would gain 2 kilograms in a week!! Two kilograms in a single week, that's insane.

My normal daily deficit is around 500 kcal. That means that it takes four normal days for me to compensate those extra calories. Imagine if I binged every week like this. I should be on a huge deficit to compensate, otherwise losing weight would be impossible!

This was just a huge wake up call. One small chocolate bar or a few extra cookies don't ruin your progress but a whole day of bingeing certainly does harm. My goal is to lose weight slowly and steadily so I don't mind if I don't lose every day. But I don't want to bounce back like this anymore either! I mean, now I can be back at losing only on Saturday because it takes Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to compensate the extra that I ate on Monday.

For me the good days are easy, they go smoothly, I feel good and all that. It's the bad days that change the direction from losing to gaining. From now on my attitude should rather be: Minimise the harm on the bad days and stop bingeing immediately. 500kcal of extra can be undone in one day, 2000kcal takes 4 days and 4000kcal takes more than a week.

I had to add that I know five days mean nothing in long term. :) But just a great reminder that one can't keep doing things like that and expect weight loss.

submitted by /u/sonjadeliina
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32UOPhT

No comments:

Post a Comment