Sunday, July 28, 2019

Mental Health Updates are Important

Hey r/loseit! I (5'3 F) weighed myself this morning at i was around 181 lbs. After drinking around 3 L of water today, I weighed in at 184.

One year ago I was between 215 and 220 lbs. Four months ago I was at 208 lbs. I really didn't even try to lose weight. I just did intermittent fasting for a month to kick start shedding some extra pounds so I could finally hit 200 lbs after weighing over that for almost four years. Once I did IF for a month, I realized that I can survive with much less food than I was eating. I stopped enjoying cream and sugar in my coffee, I cut back on ice cream desserts, and I stopped eating breakfast. Once I did that, the weight kinda just fell off.

I was at 185.0 consistently for about two or three weeks. I was surprised that I didn't gain or lose any weight even though I was having some really restrictive days, and some normal days. I'm getting scared that I won't be able to have normal days again, because I am terrified of gaining weight.

My body is changing, and I don't even know if I like it. My legs are smaller, and more tone, but my waist is bloated and big from all the water. I am kind of nervous I am creating unhealthy habits, but weight loss is definitely addicting.

My initial goal was to be comfortably in the 170 lb range. I really want to hit it, but if I hit that, I would want to push it to 160 because I remember the last time I was 160 I was in 5th grade. (crazy, right)

How do you know what a healthy weight for *you* is? I don't trust BMI, and all of my vitals are in good ranges, so I know on paper I am healthy despite my BMI being like 31. I know 120-130 lbs is way too little for me, since even at 180 I feel like I don't look as much as I weigh. When should I stop? When is too far?

submitted by /u/urnice2jk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yiSF6f

No comments:

Post a Comment