Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Starting at a "healthy" weight for my height, but I'm still unhappy in my own skin. Finally ready to commit to a change!

When I was in high school I was overweight, and I was an incredibly self conscious person who hated being in my own skin. I was around 180 at 5'6" maybe 5'7" I honestly can't remember. I was constantly comparing myself to other girls and fantasizing about what my life would look like if I were them. I did tons of sports growing up but mostly swimming, yet even though I was consistently working out I was always on the heavy side. Then I joined the waterpolo team and I lost about 30 pounds in 5 month period without even trying. I didn't even notice the weight loss until my next doctors visit where they showed me how much I lost and did a bunch of blood-tests to make sure my thyroid was alright since I told them I wasn't even trying to lose weight.

The following years I grew another inch and was hovering around the 160s. I stayed around that weight all throughout college (besides a 6 month period where I lost 15 pounds due to a messy breakup). I consistently "try" to lose weight, meaning that I am conscious of what I'm eating and try and cut my portion sizes down and count calories. I know exactly how to lose weight, I know it is just simple math. I am able to really focus on my eating for about 1-2 weeks where I lose maybe 5-7 pounds and get my weight to around 155 and sooner or later I gain it back and I hover around 160 yet again.

I am in a healthy BMI and my doctor says I am healthy, but I still am not happy with how I look. I want to be able to go to the pool with all my friends and not hate how my thighs look, I want to wear tight jeans without shape wear, I want to be fully confident in myself. I know much of that comes from within, and I have greatly improved my self-esteem since my high school days. I don't hate myself or my body, but I want to love myself to the fullest extent.

I know my journey is a lot different than many of the journeys I read here on this subreddit. I am starting off in a healthy weight range but I am not nearly as happy or healthy as I could be in my body. I love the community and the support people receive and the validation of any and all accomplishments.

My starting weight is 162.3 and my goal weight is 140. Here's to finally making things happen :)

submitted by /u/trevs212
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31573LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment