Sunday, July 28, 2019

Why exercise is so important to my weight loss journey

First - I do NOT mean to hold myself up as some sort of expert; I am still early in my weight loss journey.

But I thought I would share something that has helped me: exercise is one of my strongest motivators when my willpower is failing.

On my bike ride today, every time I was struggling to climb a hill, all I could think of was "this would be even harder if you hadn't already lost 20 pounds." And tonight when my body is craving ice cream, I'll think "that hill won't get any easier until you lose another 20 pounds."

So exercise helps for burning calories and increasing metabolism - but much more important for me is the boost to my motivation.

submitted by /u/wwanon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YsajTT

No comments:

Post a Comment