Thursday, July 25, 2019

The unfortunate side effect of losing weight...

I can no longer share t-shirts with my husband 😩

For those who will ask, I was roughly 230 on my wedding day in October of 2017. I never weighed myself so my husband suspects I might have been close to 240. I started subconsciously watching what I eat and cutting out soda January of this year after a resolution to not just better my emotional health, but physical as well. This is the year of "me". I went through an extremely traumatic experience in April and decided to double down on my physical health despite already losing a pant size. I bought a scale and weighed in at 215. I was devastated, but the journey of a thousand steps starts with one, so I decided to keep going.

I'm down to 188lbs and my co-workers are just now taking note. I have avoided social media because this is actually a huge surprise for my MIL who we'll be visiting in March, right when I'm scheduled to hit my "goal weight" or at least be within a close estimate.

It's not for everyone, but I achieve weight loss through OMAD (one meal a day) and allow myself roughly 1,200 - 1,300 calories a day. I don't have time for meal prep due to my work schedule and I also lack discipline around food, so I strictly tell myself no until meal time. I pretty much eat whatever I want since it's pretty difficult to consume 1,300 in one sitting and I try to consume all my calories in a three hour window. Surprisingly, this works well for me because I really don't want to give up the "bad foods" but try to make sure I'm getting a decent amount of protein to keep myself feeling full. Chilly Cow ice cream and Gatorade Zero have been my life blood (they say diet drinks make you gain weight because sucralose and other sweeteners makes you crave sugar, and that's true to a degree, but if I get a craving, I just drink more Gatorade lmao).

Here's a before and after 42 lbs!
http://imgur.com/P6V3BcN
http://imgur.com/4IOYC4V

submitted by /u/ahylianhero
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y7nE4E

No comments:

Post a Comment