Wednesday, July 31, 2019

[SV] 430 -> 294, harder to lose weight. Now what?

23, M, 6'2", SW430lb, CW294lb, GW200lb.

Quick backstory, you can skip if you want. Growing up, food was used as a reward mechanism in my family. This eventually spiralled into a binge eating disorder, alongside other addictive tendencies such as alcoholism. Before too long, I found myself eating a family-size calzone with half a handle of Everclear to wash it down. I was miserable, living in a flop house with people that only encouraged my behavior.

2 years later, I have the same feeling of dread that I had at my lowest point. At 430lb I felt worthless, like nothing I did had any effect on improving my lifestyle. I recently went to the doctor, and weighed in at 294-- more than a few pounds above what I was last month(286). Granted, some of that must be fluid retention, but not all of it. For whatever reason, I just don't have the motivation to push toward my true goal(sub-200).

Part of my lethargy is definitely the weather, since the coastal US is upwards of 90°F basically all day. I can't do any outside cardio because of the weather, and that was my go-to solution for the last 150-ish pounds. I've tried the gym a handful of times, but anything over 4mph on the treadmill leads to huge blisters on my feet that last for weeks. Honestly, I've all but lost my focus.

The weather is making me feel physically sick, and I'm up all night typing this since I can't sleep. So, is there any activity for someone my size that will contribute to weight loss as much as cardio? Is there anything else besides walking I can do to supplement my regimen? Is there a magical third option outside of driving to the gym in my car with broken A/C, or running in 80°F weather at midnight? Honestly I don't know what I'm asking anymore. Maybe I just need encouragement and someone to validate my progress.

TL;DR

Weather is awful, making me feel severely ill. Affecting my cardio schedule, which has made me depressed. Is there other stuff I can do indoors to at least keep some weight off?

submitted by /u/NeedleSpree
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yobJjp

No comments:

Post a Comment