Wednesday, July 31, 2019

8 month anniversary of Weight Loss - down 76.5 lbs

m/50 SW 286.5, CW 209.9 GW 199.6 6'4"

Thanksgiving of 2018 I decided to really give weight loss a go after reading this subreddit, looking at r/loseit r/progresspics, r/keto, etc.

There was so much positive attitude, support and results that I could see, that I knew I really had to give it a shot.

I started down the Keto diet, as I knew that I was eating way to much sugar, and needed a way to be strict.

Keto made it easier for me to say "No" to work lunches, prep and bring my own food, and stick on my diet. Due to counting carbs, I did more meal prep which helped considerably.

I do have Hypothyroidism and was constantly tired, getting very little rest (~4 hours a night), and was watching my BP increase into 145/95.

Today was 8 months of the diet and exercise regime. I'm an achievement based person, so "closing rings" suddenly meant a lot to me, as I got a streak going. 700 Calories a day, 7000 steps, etc.

The last two months I hadn't been as strict. Eating slices of Pizza, ignoring my Cal Goal, etc. But I've gotten back on the train and hit my original goal of 209.9. I've reset my goal to 10 lbs more.

I went for a DEXA body scan today, and I've dropped from 44.5% full body fat to 26.5%. I've tossed my 42" pants for 36" pants (and they are lose) as well as going from XXL to XL (which is baggy). My BP is 120/80.

I feel proud and successful!

Hope this motivates others! It can definitely be done.

https://imgur.com/a/MgWl03j

submitted by /u/MikeinAustin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31d2KhD

No comments:

Post a Comment