Monday, July 29, 2019

I think something is changing :)

Since I posted last week:

  • I have purchased fresh food and am eating more vegetables and whole foods again.
  • I haven't had any booze.
  • I DID have a mini-junk food binge, but I got back on the horse.
  • I have managed to avoid carb-heavy breakfasts.
  • I checked out a new gym and have been to a yoga class there, and swimming. It kicked my ass but felt very good. I have put it in my calendar that I will go tomorrow night to a barre class or spin class at the gym, and I'll go swimming again. And on Wednesday, I am going to a boxing-type of class.
  • I also went to a different yoga studio with a friend that is close to my home, so I can walk. Loved that too. Going today for another class.

A couple people responded to my post last week and made comments about yoga not being great for weight loss. I just want to say here that I incorporate yoga into my entire plan because it helps me to tone my body tremendously and build strength; as well as providing me a form of moving meditation that helps me connect to my body in a way that is very healthy for me.

I suppose, after dieting my entire life since I was 5 years old, I realize that I can't make this just about numbers or even really just about the numbers on the scale. I was thinking on the weekend that if there was a sub about building a healthy selfcare routine, that would be a good fit for me, but I couldn't fine one.

So with that said, I hope I'm still welcome to post here, even though I'm approaching my weight loss journey as more of a "fruit" of my efforts to learn to take care of myself from a place of self-love and self-respect, rather than as the ultimate goal.

Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/wilbroder
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Mx1pOH

No comments:

Post a Comment