Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Looking for reassurance - Is this progress? Lost only 0.2lb this month BUT I've lost 2.4inches off my total measurements

I'm feeling really discouraged by the scales as per the title but surprised by the measurements. Is this actually progress?

My common sense says yes since I'm a bit smaller but I can't help but freak out about how dismal the numbers on the scale are and it feels like I'm going wrong.

I have increased my exercise from 4 to 6 hours per week and started to incorporate jogging and strength training within that (about an hour a week). I've been logging 1,440calories max everyday with the exception of 4 days over the month when I probably went over substantially. I'm careful not to eat more than a quarter of my exercise calories which I only do if I'm really hungry and can't sleep cause of it, so again, I probably do that once a week.

It seems unreasonable that such little weight loss progress could be due to muscle gain.

I'm looking for some advice on whether this is actually progress and if so, how to mentally be okay with the fact that the scales suck when I'm working my ass off to lose weight.

submitted by /u/ConfusableArgus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Yww0lA

No comments:

Post a Comment