Saturday, July 27, 2019

I finally found a workout that I can do consistently!

I’ve loved dancing my whole life, but when I was at my highest weight (309 lbs), I could never imagine stepping into a studio and trying to dance. But I missed it and still dreamed of when I’d be able to get back into it.

I started taking ballet again this February after I got back from a trip to Paris and I realized I was finally down to 260 lbs. I wanted to do something for myself that I was scared to do before. I still had a long way to go, but I wanted to see what I could do, and if it was a complete failure then fine - I didn’t know anyone in these classes so I’d just never go back! Honestly it was the best choice I’ve made in a very long time. I’m down to 240 now and the weight loss only makes it even easier to dance.

I live in NYC so I’ve taken classes all over the city since February. Ballet, contemporary, lyrical, and I took a Jazz class for the first time last week. I burned over 1,200 calories in an hour and a half!! I’m sure that’s a generous estimate from my Apple Watch, but as others know, dance isn’t exactly an easy workout, especially when it’s a real dance class with actual choreography.

Seriously tho, 1,200+ calories in an hour and a half: https://imgur.com/a/qpPTdk0

I honestly hate the gym. It’s so boring. Even if I watch tv, listen to podcasts, go with a friend....it’s not enjoyable for me at all. But dance class just flies by. Dance motivates me to stay active. Once I’m down to 200 lbs I want to take Tap classes. My ultimate goal when I get down to my goal weight is to dance en pointe in my ballet class, but that’s many years down the road.

Anyway, as someone that’s generally hated being active and working out, I’m glad I found something I love to do and flies by without feeling like it’s torture. I had to get over my insecurities of being the biggest one in the class, but I thoroughly enjoy it now when my teachers tell me how much I’m improving :)

submitted by /u/surrealishzealish
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YsGLW2

No comments:

Post a Comment