Thursday, July 25, 2019

How Much Do People around You Affect Your Weight Loss?

So, I’m wondering how to be unaffected by the opinions of people around me. I remember growing up my mother would constantly say I was “a stick”, and it made me incredibly self-conscious. She always pushed me to eat more, and I eventually did...and ended up overweight. Fast-forward to me deciding to lose weight in college. I counted calories, exercised, and got down to 127 (my goal).

Suddenly I had all sorts of people commenting on how skinny I was, many of them acquaintances at best. People would say I should eat more, and it was hard to ignore. It was awkward having people so focused on my body. I felt incredibly conflicted about myself despite my hard work.

A wedding, a couple of babies, and several large weight fluctuations later, I’m undertaking the weight loss journey again. The biggest problem is that my husband loves food and has himself gained 40 or so pounds since we got married, and he often pressures me into eating when I don’t feel like it. He’ll go on and on about how delicious something would be and how we definitely need to get whatever it is, and even when I say I’m not interested and he can just eat some on his own, somehow that’s never good enough. He then refuses to eat anything since I don’t want to have some, and I almost always feel bad and agree to have some with him.

How do I deal with this in a better way? How do you deal with people trying to influence what you eat? I truly feel like I eat a lot better when I have no friends or family around. Have you noticed this as well (sort of a weird social pressure to indulge more)? Answers to any of these questions would be great, just to have more perspectives.

submitted by /u/Sonnenleer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32P5ZNK

No comments:

Post a Comment