Monday, July 29, 2019

From "Lose it" to "Gain it", my progress towards a healthier lifestyle.

https://i.imgur.com/1o7ITf6.jpg

First, I want to start off to say that no matter how much you intend to lose, never give up and keep trying to better your health. Find the path that is right for you and find your motivators. Health is a marathon, not a sprint.

To make a long story short, over many years I had struggled with weight gain after some surgeries took away my near-daily surfing and activities. To go from an active and semi-sport lifestyle to a stagnant and rehabilitating life really packed on depression and weight. At my largest I was 260lbs. Not incredibly large, but no where near healthy and being unable to tie my shoes effectively was very disheartening. I ended up putting myself into a stress/weight gain feedback loop. Get stressed, gain weight, stress about gaining weight, gain more weight. So on and so forth.

In the past 4 years I have lost nearly 80lbs then gained back a healthy 25lbs to be at my current weight of 205lbs. I do intend to cut and try to shape a little more, but here are a couple things I learned from all my mistakes and failings over the past years.

  1. Find an eating regiment that you will follow easily and effectively. Most importantly stick to the caloric deficit portion of that eating protocol. No matter if its Keto, IF, Paleo, etc. eating below your maintenance will be the main reason you "lose it"
  2. Increase activity and follow simple compounds and simple isolation lifts in conjunction with cardio. The more motor (muscle) units you recruit, the higher your caloric maintenance. Therefore, your calorically deficit diet becomes more effective in weight loss.
  3. There is no secret supplement, training, or diet that will create fast results. Your weight will shift due to water retention, waste retention, fluid swelling after heavy lifting, etc. Nearly all "lose weight fast" remedies are simply ways to lose water weight rather than fat.
  4. Take the time to educate yourself and find meaningful and accurate weight loss/fitness channels. There will be a sea of "do this" or "do that", but in the end what works for you is unique to you. The best advice anyone can give is for you to understand basic diet and training protocols and develop your own method over periods of months to years. You wont see success in weeks time, rather it could take half a year to a year to find the right balance of diet, training, and daily life that works for you.

I intend to post some mythbusting posts in the future to highlight some of the common myths and misinformation that I have even fallen for in my pursuit of health. My goal is to educate those who care to listen about finding their path towards their goals and not to be bedazzled by clickbait and photoshopped influencers.

Don't be afraid to message me if you have any questions and have a lovely Monday!

submitted by /u/myhealthmistakes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Oq8YJt

No comments:

Post a Comment