Saturday, July 27, 2019

Progress Derailed

25F SW: 214 CW: 203.5ish (Relevant) GW: 115

My entire weight loss journey started when I started having gallbladder attacks and I had to go on a low fat diet. The goal wasn’t losing weight but as I began to shed pounds, I decided I liked the idea and got into it, including CICO tracking, swimming for an hour at least twice a week as well as lots of what I call “busy work” exercise like lifting 3 pound weights while watching netflix or doing dance routines whenever my favorite song came on shuffle. Nothing major but I dropped over 10 pounds in less than two months and I was feeling it. It wasn’t that hard.

Last Tuesday, I got my gallbladder out. I’ve been constipated since, can’t do more than just walking around the house clutching my bloated tummy, and I alternate between barely eating 500 calories in a day due to lost appetite and eating fatty foods because a. I finally can again and b. Maybe it’ll give me diarrhea and that’ll be a relief.

Because of this I’ve actually gained weight (albeit, I know some of it just retaining stuff as opposed to actually having gained weight) and my relationship with food has shifted from healthy to antagonistic. Eating an apple today (desperate for fiber!!) turned into throwing up and being wary of anything other than wheat thins for hours.

I don’t really need tips for the constipation—I’m on a prescribed stool softener, started taking a fiber supplement on top of that, drinking black and ginger tea, eating brown rice, chewing peppermint gum—but I guess I just need inspiration to shove through this.

It seems like the one thing I’ve done to reclaim my body and eating habits has betrayed me and now my one exercise outlet (swimming) is out of reach for a while and I don’t know how to bounce back from this.

My weight loss goal is 100 pounds and it feels stupid when after only 10 pounds I’m slipping.

How do you avoid yo-yoing? How do you maintain inspiration when it’s hard? Everyone preaches bland food after gallbladder removal but how do you keep eating that without getting bored and going out of your mind?

submitted by /u/particledamage
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZfokkY

No comments:

Post a Comment