Wednesday, July 31, 2019

How do I train myself to have more self control?

Over the past years, I have successfully lose over 40lbs, and have gone from borderline obese to a normal weight. I still have 10lbs to go until I reach my goal weight. Easy, right?

I don’t know why, but I can no longer eat at a calorie deficit. I used to do it just fine, but recently I’ve been binging my heart out.

I already know a lot of the “tricks” — drink some water, wait 20 mins, go for a walk etc. The thing is, whenever I see a snack, or when I’m bored and I want to eat, I go from “I’m gonna lose weight” to “wow look at all this delicious food, fuck it I want this more than I want to lose weight (I don’t)” and immediately guzzle down everything in my path. Not to mention that food is usually on my mind 24/7. If I’m not eating food, I’m probably thinking about what there is for me to eat.

This has caused a major bump in my weight loss and I’ve been losing and re-gaining the same ~5lbs for over a year now. I really want to complete my weight loss journey and take the final plunge, but I keep failing

Does anyone else have this problem, or have advice on how to get over it? Any help us greatly appreciated.

tl;dr: like to eat food too much, need to stop liking it so much and lose weight.

submitted by /u/usualmentelibros
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GEtmjH

No comments:

Post a Comment