Tuesday, July 30, 2019

NSV: Going in for my first loose skin consultation tomorrow (VERY NERVOUS!!!)

I can honestly say that I would not have lost this amount of weight if it hadn't been for this subreddit. Finding this community changed my life so immensely that I cannot thank you all enough. Starting at 297 and currently at 190 (As of this morning), I'm sitting at 107lbs down in 11 months. I'd like to continue to lose weight, my next goal being 185 (which would put me in the overweight BMI category for the first time since 6th grade). Like a lot of you, I have loose skin. Right now it's not so much "flaps" but kind of just saggy sadness. I hate that I have to deal with this at 20 years old but it's better than being a severely obese 20 year!

I'm going in tomorrow afternoon after work without my mom (Which, I know I'm adult now blah blah. She doesn't usually go to my regular doctors appointments but this is a huge step, it feels very scary to go without her. She really wants to but I think I would be too humiliated to talk frank with the doctor if she was in the room). I don't even know if I have enough loose skin to qualify for surgery! They'll probably ask me to lose more or I'll have to wait and prove I can maintain my weight loss for ~6 months (both of which are reasonable requests). Above all, I'm hoping that the doctor will be able to give me some advice on how to move forward with my weight loss because honestly, I'm fucking burnt out man. Being home for the summer has been really hard and as I get smaller, it's getting harder and harder.

Anyone who has or is going through the process, words of advice are greatly needed. Thank you!

submitted by /u/coyotea72
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Mrs5QQ

No comments:

Post a Comment