Monday, July 29, 2019

Pregnancy while trying to lose weight

Just had an insightful convo with my midwife and my OB about trying to lose weight during pregnancy. I just wanted to share and maybe hear some experiences from other women.

After baby 1, my weight increased. At my peak, I was 196 pounds. A healthy weight for me (and my goal) is 155. I am now at 183. I started my weight loss journey end of February 2019 and it's slow but I'm trying.

I recently found out I'm pregnant. While excited, I was a little bit anxious because I was afraid my weight would balloon and I'd be much heavier than my heaviest. So I talked to my doc.

I was tracking all my calorie intake on MyFitnessPal and had a daily maximum of 1200. I expressed my concern to the doctor and midwife that I want the fetus to be healthy but I also want to avoid gaining too much weight, so what's the healthy and safe solution?

The OB advised that all pregnant women should increase calorie intake by 300 from whatever they normally consume. She recommended I continue to weigh myself regularly (weekly basis) and focus on getting protein and fiber as well as THREE LITERS OF WATER (101 ounces!!) daily.

So I'm almost through with my first trimester, and I have maintained my weight. For me, I have to exercise huge restraint over the things I crave (fricken hot wings and garlic bread) but also continue to track my intake. I'm feeling pretty positive. With my first child, my starting weight was 177. I'm 6 pounds over that right now, but my motivation is strong.

Any moms or doctors who could give some more insight on this? I would really like to know more or at least hear other experiences!

submitted by /u/legendofsalsa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OrDgvs

No comments:

Post a Comment