Saturday, July 27, 2019

The things I lost

So I’m about a year into my weight loss journey and I didn’t lose as much weight by now as I’d like (little less than half the weight to my goal), but I had another kind of breakthrough today. All my life I’ve been super insecure about my friends and trying to be popular and all these things, I was always hoping to be invited to the ‚cool kids‘ parties and hanging around with them, even when they wouldn’t see me as an equal or a real part of their group. As I moved to a new city lately it gave me the opportunity for a fresh start. After not gaining or losing any weight for almost half a year I finally started to exercise again and finally go back to my journey. Today one of these friends from my old city texted me, if I’d like to do something, because he and some others were visiting my town. We were texting about what to do and where to meet and everything. I was already out the door as he texted me something along the lines of:“we‘ll be at blahblah if you want you can come around, if not let it be“ I think it sounds even worse in my native language. So I thought: nope! Not going to do that to myself. I’m not going to see someone who basically tells me he doesn’t care if I come or not after he hasn’t seen me for months and we kinda already made plans I mean .. wth

So I just told him that I’d rather let it be in that case, but they shall have fun. I’m super proud of myself, for finally standing up for my own sanity. A couple of months ago I would have went either way just because I would have been so happy he asked me in the first place. I’m not gonna put myself second anymore. I went from being happy if someone wanted to be friends with me to finally deciding who i want as my friends instead. Looking forward to dump this whole group of fake friends once I’m back home!

All just because I decided to finally take care of myself and see my worth instead of defining it by what others think of me.

submitted by /u/ashesgone
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OnbbFy

No comments:

Post a Comment