Sunday, July 28, 2019

My loved ones joked about my weight and that’s how my most successful weight loss attempt started. [26F]

5 months ago, I started what would be my most successful weight loss attempt by far. It started one fateful weekend in March where my parents and boyfriend joked about my weight on 2 separate occasions on the same weekend. My feelings got really hurt. Back then, my weight was 71 kg. I wasn’t happy about it and I already knew I was overweight. They didn’t need to point it out. Those were my main thoughts at that time.

The pain and hurt became a turning point in my determination to shed the weight. I started reducing my carb intake and became more disciplined in logging my calories. I joined a fitness interest group and did Tabata with them once a week on my lunch break. I go to gym to do weights on weekends. Whenever I felt my motivation flag, I would remember that feeling of being made fun of. I would remind myself the benefits of not being overweight like. “Do you want that snack or do u want to be xx.x kg (the next goal weight)” became my mantra. More recently last month, I started intermittent fasting. It was a no brainer, it’s much easier to do nothing vs trying to cook one more healthy meal.

Since then I have lost 8kg. I just weighed in at 63kg this morning. Recently, people around me are noticing I’m slimmer now.

If you are still here, thank you for reading my story. Sometimes the truth hurts coming from your loved ones. Pain can be a great motivator as I have discovered for myself. Cheers and have a great week ahead. :)

submitted by /u/citrusmask
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2yh3ENp

No comments:

Post a Comment