Saturday, July 27, 2019

I’m on my way to being who I’ve always wanted to be.

I will try not to make this too long winded.

Most of my life I’ve been overweight and as most people, the sadness and frustration of seeing myself gain weight I comfort ate. I often wear baggy tops because I’m ashamed of my two stomachs and my lump and bumps.

In January I stepped on the scales and cried, 15 stone 2 pounds (212 pounds) the heaviest I’ve ever been. Then today I stepped on the scales, and I have officially lost 2 stone (28 pounds). I know I still have a long journey ahead of me to get to where I want to be (150 pounds).

I’ve tried to lose weight in the past but after 2-3 weeks I went back to bad habits because I deprived myself and stopped eating unhealthy things too quickly.

Now I’m enjoying my weight loss journey, because of my job I don’t have time for the gym so I’ve bought kettle bells, dumbbells and yoga equipment and began to walk to work instead of getting the bus. I feel so good after my work outs and when I can’t be bothered to work out I look at my fat photos I took when I first decided to lose weight and this gives me the motivation I need to get off my backside.

I still have treats but take aways and meals out are now only for special occasions. I no longer drink fizzy drinks, I swapped sugar for sweetener. My breakfast is porridge with fruit, my lunch is a fruit salad and dinner is whatever I fancy but smaller portions.

People are noticing my weight loss and I’m starting to become more confident, and in general I just feel happier. I have started to love water which I thought I never would.

This sub has helped me a lot with my journey so far, seeing people’s progress pictures and sharing their stories keeps me going, I tell myself “one day that will be me, one day when I’m happy with my body I will share my photos”.

For anyone starting their journey or need encouragement, keep going, we can do this together, we will be happier. And to those that are close to their goal weight or have reached their weight, well done and massive congratulations!

submitted by /u/leannemay3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ye64wm

No comments:

Post a Comment