Thursday, July 25, 2019

NIH Body Weight Planner Calculator Accuracy

Normally a lurker in this group but also on a journey of my own. Wondered about your thoughts on this calculator. My situation is this, I'm a 5'8" M of about 193lbs/87.5kg. I'm on a weight loss and lifestyle change journey to decrease my weight to about 75kgs/165lbs by the year end. I was looking online at different stuff to help adapt my lifestyle and came across this calculator by the National Institute of Diabetes and Kidney Disease from the Department of Health in the US. I plugged in my numbers in terms of activity changes, current info, and planned weight loss date and it spat out a number of about 1,750 calories per day to hit my weight. It even gives an CSV file with how your weight will drop. Has anyone ever used this calculator before? Would you say it is accurate?

Link for the calculator: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/bwp

Also, a question I had for the group, is my weight loss plan feasible and sustainable?

submitted by /u/zed_roaster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZcQVY1

No comments:

Post a Comment