Thursday, July 25, 2019

17 y/o guy - start of weight loss journey

Hey, so I'm 17 years old and am wanting to lose weight. There's a bit of a backstory:

From the age of 13 I've suffered a lot with my mental health - depression, anxiety, dysphoria, low self esteem etc. As a way to deal with these feelings I messed around with food. At 14 my weight plummeted from 105lbs to 70lbs. I then got back up to 110lbs, before turning to binge eating as a coping mechanism and ending up at 140lbs which is where I am today.

140lbs may not seem massive, but I'm only 5'2" (I'm trans, so biologically female) and this does put me as overweight. As well as making me feel physically unfit, being overweight is worsening my dysphoria. I need to slim down for the sake of my physical and mental health.

I don't know why, but today I just had this surge of motivation to do something about it. I'm going to lose 30lbs and go back to being 110lbs, because that's where I looked best - and more importantly, it's where I felt happiest. I'm going to be counting calories, eating healthier and upping my exercise.

Just thought I'd create this post in order to give myself an extra push. Writing it down will hopefully encourage me to stick at it.

Let's do this :)

submitted by /u/joeski78
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OhpYkV

No comments:

Post a Comment