Friday, July 26, 2019

I lost 25lbs! And a long-winded backstory.

F23 5’6 SW 285 CW 258 GW 165

I’ve lost 25lbs! 27lbs, technically. 2.5 inches from my waist.

I’ve been lurking on this sub for months now so I’ve finally created a new account to document my weight loss.

I gained 30lbs in one year, bringing me from super obese to super, super obese. And two months ago I got sick of it.

I’ve been dieting on/off for years, always losing and gaining back the same 10lbs. No one irl knows my starting weight and I am unsure if I’ll ever tell anyone exactly how big I was.

I carry my weight pretty well, mostly in my butt and thighs. At 285lbs, most of my size 18 pants were too tight and I was just starting to slide into a size 20. I told myself I would never let it get to that point and I would never, ever let myself reach 300lbs.

So I made a change, and I’ve had the most success I’ve had with weight loss in 10 years. I am not going to stop anytime soon.

I started by doing a super strict elimination diet and eating clean for a few weeks, then slowly reintroduced foods to see what made me a craving monster and what made me feel full and energized (spoiler alert: salty foods and added sugar are NOT my friends).

Now I’ve adopted a flexible diet, where I try to eat 80% whole foods and then 20% foods that fit within my goals. I don’t let myself have candy or a family size bag of chips anymore, because my cravings monster can’t be trusted. Sometimes I go off track, but I don’t punish myself and I just continue with my diet the next day. I’m actually sorta grateful for my gluten and dairy intolerance because it makes declining baked goods and pizza at work/school very easy.

I eat about 1500 calories per day, sometimes a bit more and sometimes a bit less. I try to reach 35% protein, 35% fat, and 30% carbs using MFP.

I have a back injury that makes exercise a bit hard but I try to walk 2x a week and am planning on adding an at home weights/stretching routine 3x a week as well.

My goal weight right now is 165, but really, my appearance goal is to be able to shop at any store I want and fit into a size 10/12. I have so many goals, but most of them revolve around movement. I love exercising and doing active things like hiking, swimming, and kayaking. Right now, it’s too hard to do these things. I hope to start running once I hit 200lbs or so, it’s always been a dream of mine. I want to start biking too, but at 258lbs I think I’m just too heavy.

I know I have a long way to go, but it took a long time to get to this point. I just keep reminding myself I’m worth it. I don’t hate myself or my body, I just wish I could do more physically and am ready for a healthy change and to reach my full potential. I’ve accomplished a lot of really great things in my fat body and have strong and loving relationships with my friends, family, and partner.

So here’s to the first 25lbs lost. My goals are in 25lb increments, so I really only have to reach this milestone 5 more times. I don’t expect it to be easy, but I’m giving myself 18 months. Grad school is demanding and stressful, but I am going to take it all one week at a time. Wish me luck!

submitted by /u/WhinyWallaby
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YtuLUi

No comments:

Post a Comment