Thursday, July 25, 2019

How this sub helped me achieve my goals

So, a little bit of backstory, when I was younger I was the kind of person who never got any weight I ate and ate and ate and still remained slim as fuck. That's mainly because I was hitting the gym once a day, swimming 5 days a week, doing Padel and Judo twice a week and surfing once a week but I didn't knew this in that moment.

Then the economic situation got worse and I couldn't afford doing any of that stuff, and by the same time bad things were happening in my life and I was developing an addiction so I started to care less about my self, my hygiene, my looks or my weight.

Flash forward to 4 years later I was double the weight than when things started to get worse and my life was a complete mess. By the same time I started having and impeding sense of doom and stopped doing all things altogether I was sure it was about to end for me so it didn't matter a single bit what I did.

But luckily I've always been an stubborn motherfucker and a individualistic thinking person so I knew who was to blame: me. There was something I was doing that made me how I was. So I started remodeling my life. Getting everything negative out of it and filling it with positive stuff and that's were this sub comes in which is what this story is about.

I was unsubing from every subreddit that was vicious for me and subing to those which I found virtuous and one of the things I was doing to improve was to start walking and eating less so I was already in a weight loss journey.

And when I found this sub I loved what they were saying. They had those challenges and they were talking about caloric balance and CICO stuff, sometimes someone would post something science backed, most of the time people were celebrating their victories and attributing them to the hard work they were putting. So ultimately they were saying that ilthey were in control, they were the ones who made the change. And so I did, I bought a food scale, a normal scale, a body fat calculator, I installed MFP and from then on I lost minimum 1Kg per week, I reached my goal in less than three months because of hard work and because of discipline, I didn't have a single cheat day not even in my birthday or holidays, I didn't have a day where I didn't exercise, everything I ate was noted on MFP and voila I was again in the weight I wanted to be.

So yeah, there's no secret, there's not higher force to blame, you put the work in you get the results.

The thing that makes me write this is that when this sub talks about victories or facts is always that: "I'm in control", "I'm the one who did it", etc... but when someone is struggling or failing is always the opposite: "It's not your fault", "I didn't choose this", "my husband is eating junk food in front of me so it's his fault", etc... and that's dishonest to say the least. You are the one in charge in both directions either when you get fat and when you get thin and avoiding telling yourself this, being indulgent with yourself and putting the blame in others or other stuff is bad for you because you're condemning yourself to repeat your mistakes.

So please guys and girls, if you really want to lose it take complete control, don't think your husband opening junk food is to blame you are to blame because you are the one who decides to pick his food. Learn to enjoy the pleasures of low caloric food, learn to enjoy the freshness of a salad, the bitterness of a tea without sugar or milk, the strength of a dark roast espresso without sweetening, the endorphin rush of a hard workout and stop regretting not picking that extra donut or that whole pizza.

submitted by /u/MREugeneJ7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y4s7F9

No comments:

Post a Comment