Monday, June 24, 2019

How do you find your best natural body weight?

I'm currently sitting at 216 pounds with a height of 5'9". I'm most definitely overweight by both visual and measuring standards, but I do have a question regarding choosing a body weight goal.

I believe my body type is between endomorph/mesomorph. I tend to store fat easily, but also maintain a decent level of muscle despite a lack of physical training in that regard. I used to be a wrestler back in high school, and even with extreme high intense exercise and unhealthy caloric restrictions, I wrestled at the 170 lb weight class.

When I was looking at charts like the BMI index for my current weight loss journey, the CDC told me that at my height a "healthy" weight range would be 125 to 169 pounds. I'm at a loss for how I could reasonably approach 169 pounds as a weight goal, considering the extreme efforts I had to go through to achieve that while I was actually in shape during wrestling. Surely there's leeway in the "healthy weight" range? Obviously, any weight loss is good, but I tend to work better with a set goal and was trying to choose a reasonable and healthy target weight to achieve.

submitted by /u/FancySawce
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FvMMqg

No comments:

Post a Comment