Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Body Dysmorphia Question

Has anyone else found that their brain is having a hard time "catching up" to your weight loss? I'm down to 168 from 220 (23/F) and when I look in the mirror, I still see myself as 220 pounds, even though I'm down 2-3 sizes in my clothes (I was forced to buy new clothes when coworkers pointed out I looked like I was wearing "trash bags") and I have the numerical evidence in front of me.

Why is it so hard for me to see my progress? I get glimpses of what I actually look like to other people sometimes, particularly in pictures, but my brain just doesn't work right when I look in the mirror. :( I was wondering if this is considered body dysmorphia. Even if it is or is not, how have some of you worked through this issue?

submitted by /u/mmiller11
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2J7xp8m

No comments:

Post a Comment