Tuesday, June 25, 2019

New guy here, lost over 110lbs!

Im very happy to say that I've lost over half a human being!

Like every good story, this one starts with a woman...

Im currently at 306lbs, when I started this journey of my life I was a whopping 425lbs+ slob who didn't really care about body image and just lived on a diet of bad foods. I ended up meeting someone by happenstance and she was/is the catalyst that really got me going. She flipped the so called switch in my head and made me take a serious look at my health. This never was an overt thing, it was never mentioned or pushed it on me, it was by osmosis. she is an avid runner and in my head I kept saying "how can I be with someone I can't catch?".

The second part of this weight loss equitation happened just a few weeks later when my best friend had to do some drastic life changes due to his health and introduced me to the Keto diet. I initially didn't want to do it, but in an effort to help him stay the course I ended up committing to it. Fast forward 3.5 months and im in the best shape of my life! I know its kind of pathetic to say that at 306lbs, but I don't plan to stay at this weight for long. im aiming for sub 300 before July!

teh most important thing to note is that I have completely eliminated all sugars from my diet, absolutely no sweets! teh sheer amount of willpower needed for this is insane! I'm not sure how I still manage it to this day, even with a fridge full of cakes and sweets (thanks love...) Minot tempted to try them.

Another portion is a strict elimination of heavy carbs. This is the founding principal of the Keto diet, and perhaps one of the best changes! no rice, potatoes, pasta etc. I try to consume under 50g/day Also, TONS of sparkling water! its just personal preference, but being hydrated is key!

Heres the kicker, MASSIVE amounts of cardio! I run just about every day or so. I try to do between 2 - 4 miles a day with a long run of maybe 6+ every few weeks. When I started I could barely run for 10 seconds before feeling awful. Now I can run for 15+ min without the need to stop! C25K helped a lot but what really keeps me going is the 1/2 marathon I signed up for in February 2020!

Thanks to everyone who shares their stories its truly inspirational!

submitted by /u/Alexander_Sextus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2YkIZUp

No comments:

Post a Comment