Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Lost 60 lbs and kept it off for 2 years. My 2 year anniversary !

It’s been two years this May 30th since I started my weight loss journey. It’s been a long and hard but I’ve made it. I’ve managed to maintain for a while now and been doing good. My eating habits have changed. I’m 5’3 117 lbs, 38 yo.

This is what I do: i don’t eat sugar as often anymore. I have salads and fruit and vegetables a lot more often. I don’t have junk food at all, I just don’t like it anymore. I enjoy cleaner food. I stay away from deep fried stuff cuz it messes with my stomach. I don’t eat out as often anymore because I feel the portion sizes are way too huge here (US) and I am unsure of the quality of ingredients cuz a lot of places where I’ve eaten at upset my stomach. Not sure what it is cuz when I cook at home I’m fine.

I don’t exercise as regularly as I should though that’s one thing I need to do. It’s very on and off with me. Last year I was religiously going to kick boxing and loved it but then got tired of it. I did yoga for a while, got tired of it. Now it’s summer (almost) and I’m looking forward to getting out there into nature and doing some hiking.

The other day someone posted on a forum about them losing a bunch of weight and not being able to afford a new wardrobe, and their new size is a size 8. I have a whole suitcase full of size 8 clothes that I have been holding onto for 2 years now thinking I’ll gain all this weight back (cuz it’s always happened before) and I was terrified so I held onto them just in case. I thought about it a long while, and figured hey it’s been 2 years, I am 80% sure I won’t go back to my old size, I think it’s time to let them go. So I’ve scheduled time with the lady this weekend to come have a look. Phew. I’m nervous and excited at the same time.

Had to get this out there and share with you all who are struggling. It takes time. Have faith. It’s a journey. You’ll get there. Just build small healthy habits one at a time.

submitted by /u/bluewaterbottle1234
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2X1QX3h

No comments:

Post a Comment