Monday, June 24, 2019

(176cm, 139kg. 22 year old M). Trying to lose weight with none supportive dad!

So as my title says , im a 22 year old 139kg still living at home! i have recently decided to start losing weight again , this is like the 5th time i try. so far its going good kind of!

Im about two weeks in and i have changed pretty much my entire diet , been walking almost everyday for an hour. tomorrow ill be signing up to my local gym And i feel pretty good so far! im trying to eat around 2500 kcal. So here is where its im having problems.

My dad is your typical middle eastern dad, old fashion ish. Very stubborn and always has to be correct!

he Is not supportive at all of the way im trying to lose weight. For him weight loss its easy he tells me to stop eating or eat anything you want but less and go out for a walk. he doesnt realize its more than that!

He doesnt like it when i try to count calories , cook for myself as i should always wait for mom to make food for everyone or that im going to ''waste'' money on a gym which is around 400 dollars for an entire year but i will pay monthly.

He just finished cursing me out calling me pretty much every curse word known after he heard me talking on the phone with my local gym , he says i should just go out and walk and not waste money even though All of this is payed with from my own money so i dont see the issue! i make descent amount but i have other payments , a car and inscurance etc so i have not moved out which seems my only option i feel like now..

Example of today. i had oathmeal and toast for breakfast, so at around 1 pm i go into the kitchen to cook up some salmon and some vegetables .

He comes storming in cursing me out , talking about how i smelled up the entire house.

your mom is sleeping why cant you wait until she wakes up to make dinner, eat anything until than, he goes on and on and on.

My mom doesnt care and she is mostly supportive.

The past week i have ignored his anger outburst on me. i dont talk back or anything but its really hitting me hard and i have been close to going back to comfort eating again. I have a history of depression and other family issues i wont talk about here. All i will say is my parents do have some financial issues , i guess thats why hes so angry all the time?

Sorry this post is a bit long and im not sure this fits here even i just wanted to write this somewhere and also sorry for my bad spelling, english isnt my first language. Im Middle eastern but i live in europe!

If any of you have some tips on what i can cook or do while i still live at home.

I dont want to go back to my old habits again.

submitted by /u/YouNem
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Kx3DNy

No comments:

Post a Comment