Thursday, August 29, 2019

De-stressing my life to help me lose weight

So about two years ago I successfully lost about 40 lbs, and it was great. I went from like 270 to 230 (I'm F, 25). Then I was promoted to a management position at my job (worst decision ever, felt like a glorified babysitter who gets blamed for everything the kids do), and my stress levels skyrocketed. Like, I'd be crying in the shower before going into work because I hated it so much.

Well, I demoted myself. I have two more shifts as a manager, then it's back to good ol' basics for not really much less pay.

I'm looking forward to making progress in weight loss again. I'm hovering around 250 but I can tell stress-eating and stress in general has wrecked my body.

I know we're not supposed to necessarily wait for certain dates or milestones to lose weight because there will always be a reason not to, but man...this whole job thing has really changed my perspective on how much energy I put into other people. I used to be so worried that my managers would think I wasn't doing enough, and I would take on extra stuff just to get them to like me more. That's gone now. I only care how much I'm paid to care, and the moment I clock out I only focus on myself and my family.

submitted by /u/coldfoam
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UhukI1

No comments:

Post a Comment