Tuesday, August 27, 2019

NSV: I logged my intake in MyFitnessPal for 365 days!

I just hit the milestone of logging my daily calories in MyFitnessPal for a solid year! I attribute my consistent counting and recording my calories as the “secret” to my 116lb weight loss. I’m just so proud of myself for staying dedicated to tracking my intake because I usually suck at staying dedicated to anything.

Over the past year I’ve had many people ask me how I lost so much weight. Those people always seem really disappointed when I tell them that I counted my calories and did my best to make good food choices. However, consistency and patience are what made the loss possible. Every day I tried my best to follow my plan so I could eventually reach my goal.I kept my calories between 1200-1500 calories a day since I’m a lady with a desk job. I tried to take longer and more frequent walks with my dog. I also took some regular barre classes along the way. All in all I’ve been on this journey for 17 months.

As for logging, it gets easier over time. I’ve slowly imported all my favorite recipes into MFP. This allows me to easily track the meals I eat most often. I’ve also become an expert barcode scanner. At first logging everything felt like a chore but it gets easier every day. Tracking everything also kept me honest about what I was eating. I realized that not logging everything was only cheating my goal because my body was counting every calorie so that should be reflected in my food log. My other tip is using containers in small portion sizes. Being able to eat a whole container of something just feels more satisfying than only having half a bowl. One and two cup Pyrex containers have been my best friend.

I don’t plan on slacking on my logging anytime soon. I don’t feel like I’m done losing weight. Once I finally hit my goal I plan to log for as long as it takes me to get into the groove of maintenance.

The most gratifying screenshot of my life and the result of my dedication to calorie counting

submitted by /u/pizzadaughter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/344yaJ1

No comments:

Post a Comment