Saturday, August 31, 2019

SV/NSV - Back in my teenage clothes!

Having just hit 40lb weight loss after 3 months, I still feel like I look the same. People comment on how much I've lost but I still see the same person in the mirror. So I count on objective things like numbers to keep me motivated.

I've been struggling with clothes lately as all my 24s are way too big and I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe when I'm still losing and will need to buy more soon anyway.

Then, in a flash I remembered 'ŕ cupboard'. The cupboard hasn't been opened for at least 5 years, after I acknowledged I needed a larger clothes size and packed away all my 16s and 18s out of shame.

Today, I went through the cupboard. Not everything fit, but a surprising amount did! I caught myself wearing dresses that are 3/4 sizes smaller than what I needed 3 months ago! Most of these clothes are from when I was 18 or 19, and I am just so over the moon about it!

Just thought I'd share - it can be really hard when the scale shows progress but the mirror doesn't. I find it better to find things you can objectively measure - weight, BMI, clothes size - to help keep up the motivation.

submitted by /u/Dominoodles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZuMNGr

No comments:

Post a Comment